Launched in January 2010, Cuéntame is a leading interactive online network where Latinos and the general public connect.
Through hard-hitting video exposés and documentary series Cuéntame informs, educates and builds a vibrant network of individuals ready and able to organize on the ground on key social issues that affect us all.
Cuéntame seeks to hire a Civic Engagement and Electoral Organizer for the 2012 elections, particularly on issues related to the Latino community; voter registration and get out the vote initiatives.
- Lead and manage Cuéntame’s community organizing program:
- Build and maintain relationships with Latino groups and community organizations;
- Assess and evaluate community assets and strengths by identifying leaders and issues;
- Design and develop community participation processes;
- Develop, nurture and work with Cuéntame partner organizations to create voter registration, direct action and get out the vote strategies for campaigns with clear deliverables.
- Manage and supervise organizing-related interns and volunteers.
- Collaborate with Cuéntame’s production staff on organization-wide initiatives.
- Assist with program-related outreach including preparing program-related written reports, meeting summaries, and other materials; build and identify relationships with current and prospective partners; assist the Director with other tasks as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in community organizing and/or legislative advocacy campaigns strongly preferred;
- Experience working with Latino and immigrant communities;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-cultural, multi-generational or multi-sector communities;
- Commitment to social justice and civil rights;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Openness and ability to adapt and respond to changes in the environment;
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish language are an asset;
- Reliable transportation required with flexible working hours including some evenings and weekends;
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org -
A one-page cover letter on why you want to work for Cuéntame and why you would be ideal for this position.
A one-paragraph writing sample in Spanish and English.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Cuéntame is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.